The PositivePsychology.com website is managed by a small team based mostly in the Netherlands.
Our team consists of two parts.
One part is led by Hugo Alberts, Ph.D. He runs the development of the Positive Psychology Toolkit and all the masterclasses and training packages offered at PositivePsychology.com. Hugo’s office is based in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
Seph Fontane Pennock is in charge of the other part. He runs the day-to-day operations of the organization and the content strategy for the PositivePsychology.com website. Seph’s office is based in Amsterdam.
Before telling you more about the internship opportunities we offer, here are some photos of our team. A picture says more than a thousand words after all 🙂
Requirements for application
- You’re a native English speaker
- You hold a bachelor’s, undergraduate, or masters degree in psychology
- You have a passion for positive psychology
- You love texts, writing, editing, communicating
- You’re able to come over to the Netherlands
- You’re looking to do an internship with a minimum duration of 4 months, at least partly on-site
In case you have any of the following skills, we consider that a big plus:
- graphic design (Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator)
- video editing experience
- an eye for design and formatting in general
- any kind of web editing and publishing experience
- online marketing
Possible tasks include
- researching, writing and putting together valuable content (articles, pages, e-mails)
- managing incoming communications from our followers, customers, or partners
- editing blog posts on our website
- recruiting new writers and/or editors for our site
- managing our Facebook page and group
You will learn
- exactly what positive psychology consists of and gain a lot of in-depth knowledge on this subject
- to apply efficient research methods and tools
- to add value to people’s lives through online content
- to take the best from what the academic world has to offer, and to leave the worst
- most importantly, you will learn how to apply positive psychology in your own life so that you can ‘start local’ and lead by example
Compensation depends upon your educational level, prior experience, and the duration and intensity of the internship. Also, non-monetary forms of compensation will be offered in terms of access to training materials and courses.
Seph Fontane Pennock, Co-founder of PositivePsychology.com
Dr. Hugo Alberts, Co-founder of PositivePsychology.com
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- your LinkedIn profile or a picture
- a motivation letter
- your preferred internship period and duration
- your preferred compensation
- indicate whether you’re able to come to the Netherlands or not
- please mention any specific skills you have that may be particularly relevant to this position
Whats happens after you apply
Upon sending us an email, we will review your application and send you a reply.
Based on your application, we will either invite you for a 30-minute Skype call, or not.
You will hear back from us either way 🙂
More Positive Psychology internship opportunities
In case you’re also offering, or know of, internship opportunities within the field of positive psychology, feel free to post them on this page by leaving a comment.