Dr. Joshua Bourne is a Counselling Psychologist and Life Coach, based in London, UK, and originally from San Francisco, California, an avid agent of positive change.
Joshua works as a Counselling Psychologist, Life Coach, and consultant. He loves to help individuals and businesses thrive and understand themselves better to create everlasting positive change.
Joshua is also an avid fan of everything space-related and loves sports. A world traveler based in London, UK, although originally from San Francisco, USA, Joshua help others adjust to life in different countries.
- 2020 – Present – Bourne Path Clinical Director, Counselling Psychologist and Life Coach
- 2019 – 2020 – Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust – Counselling Psychologist
First- and Second-Author Publications
- Client experiences comparing video conferencing therapy and face-to-face therapy. Thesis title: The Experience of Videoconferencing and Face-to-Face Counselling From an Older Client’s Perspective: An Interpretive Phenomenological Analysis (IPA) Study.
Education & Degrees
- 2020 – Level 3 Diploma in Life Coaching – Luna Courses Accreditation by the Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists (ACCPH), UK
- 2018 – Doctor of Psychology (PsychD) – University of Roehampton, London
- 2013 – Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Organisational Behaviour Psychology – Birkbeck, – University of London, UK
- 2008 – Bachelors in Communication (B.A.) – Santa Clara University, California
A Personal Message From Joshua
Honesty and commitment will take you far, whether that is in a therapy session, at work or at home. I believe that with honesty and commitment to providing excellent, well-researched content, readers will benefit from my values and insights.
Why Should You Trust What Joshua Writes?
Joshua strongly believes that evidence-based writing with a relevant tone to what we experience in life brings credence, accessibility, and enjoyment to topics we choose to read and study.
Top 28 Counseling Books for Practitioners and Beginners
Are you just starting a career in counseling? Even if you have been in the counseling field for some time, do you want to increase [...]
How to Engage and Motivate Clients in Therapy
Have you ever given thought to how to achieve outcomes in therapy? Longstanding research in community and hospital settings (Paul, 1967; Kiresuk & Sherman, 1968) [...]
13 Therapy Courses, Programs, and Training Opportunities
So you have decided to become a therapist. Like any good career choice, having a plan of action on how to achieve that career is [...]
Self-Care for Therapists: 12 Tools to Prevent Counselor Burnout
In the world of mental health, caring for others who are emotionally stressed or distressed may create a stressful environment for therapists themselves. It begs [...]
Exploring Online Counseling and Software for Your Practice
The future is upon us, particularly in how we provide counseling. Since the dawn of psychology, geographical obstacles have been a hurdle for effective counseling. [...]