Dr. Jessica Swainston (Ph.D.) – Psychologist, researcher, and industry professional. After completion of her M.Sc. in Cognitive Neuroscience, Jessica’s doctorate focused on cognitive and emotional health in women affected by breast cancer. Jessica is now working in industry, helping to develop digital mental health applications for the modern world.
- Lead Psychologist – Cogenis Ltd, June 2020 – Present
- Teaching Demonstrator in Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods – Birkbeck, University of London, Sep 2016 – 2019
- Lecturer in Health and Cognitive Psychology – Birkbeck, University of London, Sep 2017 – 2018
- Lab and Logistics Coordinator – Nielsen Neuro, Sep 2015 – 2016
First- and Second-Author Publications
- Training cognitive control to reduce emotional vulnerability in breast cancer – Wiley Online Library
- COVID-19 Lockdown and Its Adverse Impact on Psychological Health in Breast Cancer – Frontiers in Psychology
Education & Degrees
- Ph.D. Psychology and Neuroscience – Birkbeck, University of London, London, 2019
- M.Sc. (Distinction) Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuropsychology – Birkbeck, University of London, London, 2016
- B.Sc. Hons Psychology – Birkbeck, University of London, London, 2015
A Personal Message From Jessica
My goal is to help develop science-based eHealth solutions for the modern world, making mental health interventions accessible to all.
Why should you trust what Jessica writes?
Jessica’s foundations are grounded in academia, with scientific rigor being at the heart of her work. Her passion now lies in translating academic, evidence-based research into meaningful real-world applications.