Erika Stoerkel, MSc. has vast experience working with coaching and self-care projects in the government and corporate sector.
Erika Stoerkel has almost a decade of project management experience working with coaching and self-care projects in the government and corporate sector.
Erika has shifted focus from project management implementation to strategy with small businesses and growing and scaling their offers and audience.
- Masters in Public Health, with a focus in Epidemiology at University of Texas, School of Public Health
- Bachelors of Arts, in Psychology at University of the Incarnate Word
Assist in the responsibility for daily conduct of the Integrative Restoration (iRest) study involving Service Members and their families at Brooke Army Medical Center.
Publications & Talks
• Inman, A., Stoerkel, E., Garcia, A. Utilizing Integrative Restoration (iRest) to Enhance Resilience in Military Couples. American Psychological Association Convention. August 2014. Oral Presentation
• Velasquez, J., Stoerkel, E., Garcia, A., Vasquez, K., Campos, L. Long-term Sequelae of Multiple Mild Head Injuries on Cognitive, Psychiatric, and Community Functioning. American Psychological Association Convention. August 2014. Poster Presentation.
• Ramirez, A.G., Munoz, E., Stoerkel, E., Sintes-Yallen, A., Holden, A.E.C. Study protocol: A randomized controlled trial of patient navigation to reduce cancer health disparities in Latina breast cancer survivors. American Association for Cancer Research. November 2015. Poster Presentation.
• McConnell, K., Stoerkel, E., Libretto, S., Wallerstedt, D., Paat, C., Edwards, C., Zhang, W., Davis, A., Gordon, S., Eisenberg, D. Teaching Kitchen Programs to Introduce a Sustainable Behavior Change in the Military: A Needs Assessment. Association of Military Surgeons of the United States. December 2015. Poster Presentation.
• McConnell, K., Stoerkel, E., Libretto, S., Wallerstedt, D., Paat, C., Edwards, C. Teaching Kitchen Pilot. American Public Health Associate Annual Conference. November 2016. Oral Presentation.
• Bellanti, D., Stoerkel, E, Paat, C., Peacock, K., Aden, J. Setlik, R., Walter, J., Inman, Effectiveness of a Self-Care Toolkit for Surgical Breast Cancer Patients in a Military Treatment Facility. International Congress on Integrative Medicine & Health Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine and Health. May 8-11, 2018. Baltimore, MD.
• Stoerkel, E., Bellanti, D., Paat, C., Peacock, K., Aden, J. Setlik, R., Walter, J., Inman, A. Evaluation of a Self-Care Toolkit for Surgical Breast Cancer Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. American Public Health Association. November 12, 2018. San Diego.
• Stoerkel, E., Bellanti, D., Paat, C., Peacock, K., Aden, J. Setlik, R., Walter, J., Inman, A. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. September 2018. Volume 24 Issue 9-10: September 24, 2018. | LINK
A Personal Message From Erika
Never stop learning, we learn through what we want for our lives. Live as if everything you dream and desire is at your fingertips. What can seem like a far-fetched idea, is really just in need of vision and strategy. Everything we feel, we think, we do. So keep feeling and dreaming. I put my heart and soul into my work – whether it be writing or other projects. Reading my written work, is getting to know me as a person.
Can Random Acts of Kindness Increase Wellbeing? (+ 22 Ideas)
The phrase “random acts of kindness” (RAK) is relatively well known and has been shared all over the world. When you consider the times when [...]
What Is a Strength-Based Approach? (Incl. Examples & Tools)
When you consider the word “strength,” what comes to mind? Hold on to that for a moment. For me, “strength” makes me think of words [...]
The Science and Research on Gratitude and Happiness
What is happiness? What is gratitude? We each have our own definitions of these, and for the most part, they will probably sound pretty similar. [...]