Tchiki Davis, Ph.D., is a content writer, technology consultant, and co-creator of online programs that have helped more than a million people worldwide find a bit more happiness.
Tchiki obtained her qualifications from The University of California, Berkeley in social and personality psychology with a certificate in management of technology innovation. She is also the author of the book Outsmart Your Smartphone: Conscious Tech Habits for Finding Happiness, Balance, and Connection IRL.
- 2015 – Present – Founder, The Berkeley Well-Being Institute
- 2014 – Present – Writer & Project Manager, The Greater Good Science Center
- 2017 – Present – Blog Writer, Psychology Today
- 2015 – 2017 – Content Writer, Glint Inc.
- 2012 – 2015 – Graduate Research Scientist, Emotion Lab, University of California, Berkeley
- 2010 – 2012 – Graduate Research Scientist, Emotion Lab, University of Denver
First- and Second-Author Publications
- Davis, T. S. (2019). Outsmart Your Smartphone: Conscious Tech Habits for Finding Happiness, Balance, and Connection IRL. New Harbinger. (Link)
- Victor, S., Davis, T. S., Klonsky, D. (2016). Descriptive characteristics and initial psychometric properties of the Non-Suicidal Self-Injury Disorder Scale. Archives of Suicide Research.
- Davis, T. S., Mauss, I. B., Lumian, D., Troy, A. S., Shallcross, A. J., Zarolia, P., Ford, B. Q., McRae, K. (2014). Emotional reactivity and emotion regulation among adults with a history of self-harm: Laboratory self-report and fMRI evidence. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 123, 499-509.
Education & Degrees
- 2015 – Ph.D. Social & Personality Psychology – University of California, Berkeley
- 2015 – Ph.D. Certificate – Management of Technology Innovation – University of California, Berkeley
- 2012 – M.A. Emotion Science – University of Denver, Colorado
- 2005 – B.A. Psychology & Visual Art – University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado
Why should you trust what Tchiki writes?
Tchiki is on a mission to make wellbeing an integral part of work, life, and society. She does this by writing wellness content for businesses, apps, websites, programs, and more. Tchiki’s website, berkeleywellbeing.com, provides more information about Tchiki’s content writing and consulting services.