Maike Neuhaus, Ph.D., is a Positive Psychology Lecturer and Researcher at The University of Queensland, and a Flourishing and Self-leadership Coach.
Maike is an energetic and future-oriented Positive Psychology Coach and behavior change expert, who is passionate about empowering others to live a happy and purpose-driven life in line with their true potential.
Having spent most of her career to date advancing research about how people can live well and translating wellbeing science into real-world programs, she practices what she preaches and now enjoys the freedom of working for herself and doing what she loves while travelling the world with her family.
- Co-Founder and Self-Leadership Driver at Ducidium in Brisbane, Australia.
- Numerous academic positions within The University of Queensland including:
- Lecturer, Positive Psychology (2021 – current)
- Honorary Research Fellow (2019 – 2021)
- Research Fellow & Telemedicine Consultant (2017 – 2019)
- Workplace Health Consultant (2012-2017)
- Project Manager, Senior Research Assistant, Tutor, Guest Lecturer (2009 – 2017)
- Talent management consultant at SHL in Hamburg, Germany (2007 – 2008)
- Research Assistant at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin, Germany (2006 – 2007).
First- and Second-Author Publications
- Fjeldsoe, B., Neuhaus, M., Winkler, E., & Eakin, E. (2011). Systematic Review of Maintenance of Behavior Change Following Physical Activity and Dietary Interventions. Health Psychology, 30(1), 99-109.
- Neuhaus, M. (2015). Reducing Office Workers’ Sedentary Time: The University of Queensland, School of Public Health.
- Neuhaus, M., Healy, G. N., Dunstan, D. W., Owen, N., & Eakin, E. G. (2014a). Workplace Sitting and Height-Adjustable Workstations. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 46(1), 30-40.
- Neuhaus, M., Healy, G. N., Fjeldsoe, B. S., Lawler, S., Owen, N., Dunstan, D. W., . . . Eakin, E. G. (2014). Iterative Development of Stand Up Australia: a Multi-Component Intervention to Reduce Workplace Sitting. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 11(1), 21-21.
- Neuhaus, M., Langbecker, D., Caffery, L. J., Taylor, M., Garner, L., Williams, G., . . . Macdonald, G. A. (2018). Telementoring for Hepatitis C Treatment in Correctional Facilities. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 24(10), 690-696.
- Sugiyama, T., Neuhaus, M., Cole, R., Giles-Corti, B., & Owen, N. (2012). Destination and Route Attributes Associated With Adults’ Walking: a Review. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 44(7), 1275-1286.
Education & Degrees
- 2021 – Positive Psychology Practitioner, The School of Positive Transformation
- 2015 – Acceptance Commitment Training (ACT) in the Workplace, Dr Russ Harris
- 2011-2015 – Doctor of Philosophy (Public Health) at The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- 2002-2008 – Master of Psychology at the Free University Berlin, Germany
- 2007-2008 – Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner at the NLP & Coaching Institute, Berlin, Germany
You can also visit Dr. Maike’s personal website: drmaikeneuhaus.com
A Personal Message From Maike Neuhaus
Life can be crazy, overwhelming and incredibly challenging. However, I believe it is also our greatest gift. My biggest passion is to support others live life to the fullest and find deep happiness. I do this by helping them understand what humans need in order to flourish, uncover what this looks like for them personally, and using self-leadership and behavior change techniques to realise it.
Intrinsic Motivation Explained: 10 Examples & Key Factors
Intrinsic motivation is a much sought-after quality. “Perhaps no single phenomenon reflects the positive potential of human nature as much as intrinsic motivation, the inherent [...]
Self-Coaching Model: 56 Questions & Tools (+ CTFAR Model)
The next time you feel stuck with a problem, I invite you to close your eyes and imagine a wise person. In your thoughts, approach [...]
How to Become a Life Coach: A Step-by-Step Success Guide
I vividly remember my first sessions with two life coaches. Mostly because they were as different as could be. In the first one, I had [...]
25 Values Worksheets to Enrich Clients’ Lives (+ Inventory)
Do you remember that moment when you finally gained clarity around your key values? I do. I remember feeling like everything finally made sense: why [...]
Cognitive Dissonance: Theory, Examples & How to Reduce It
“Tomorrow I will start my diet,” I reflected, while munching a doughnut. If this has ever happened to you, you have experienced first-hand what this [...]
41 Questions & Assessments for Evaluating Self-Leadership
Gauges, thermometers, controls, and dials – all instruments to check whether a system is working or not. But how does one monitor and report back [...]
Developing Self-Leadership: Your Ultimate Coaching Guide
Follow me. I’m right behind you. Self-leadership sounds somewhat like an oxymoron. Leadership is the process of guiding or influencing others. By definition, that implies [...]