Maike is an energetic and future-oriented Self-leadership Psychologist and behavior change expert, passionate about empowering others by sharing her knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm for self-leadership.
Having spent most of her career to date in behavior change science and science translation into real-world programs and services, she is now embarking on her own entrepreneurial journey as Co-Founder of Ducidium.
- Co-Founder and Self-Leadership Driver at Ducidium in Brisbane, Australia.
- Numerous academic positions within The University of Queensland including:
- Honorary Research Fellow (2019 – current)
- Research Fellow & Telemedicine Consultant (2017 – 2019)
- Workplace Health Consultant (2012-2017)
- Project Manager, Senior Research Assistant, Tutor, Guest Lecturer (2009 – 2017)
- Talent management consultant at SHL in Hamburg, Germany (2007 – 2008)
- Research Assistant at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin, Germany (2006 – 2007).
First- and Second-Author Publications
- Fjeldsoe, B., Neuhaus, M., Winkler, E., & Eakin, E. (2011). Systematic Review of Maintenance of Behavior Change Following Physical Activity and Dietary Interventions. Health Psychology, 30(1), 99-109.
- Neuhaus, M. (2015). Reducing Office Workers’ Sedentary Time: The University of Queensland, School of Public Health.
- Neuhaus, M., Healy, G. N., Dunstan, D. W., Owen, N., & Eakin, E. G. (2014a). Workplace Sitting and Height-Adjustable Workstations. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 46(1), 30-40.
- Neuhaus, M., Healy, G. N., Fjeldsoe, B. S., Lawler, S., Owen, N., Dunstan, D. W., . . . Eakin, E. G. (2014). Iterative Development of Stand Up Australia: a Multi-Component Intervention to Reduce Workplace Sitting. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 11(1), 21-21.
- Neuhaus, M., Langbecker, D., Caffery, L. J., Taylor, M., Garner, L., Williams, G., . . . Macdonald, G. A. (2018). Telementoring for Hepatitis C Treatment in Correctional Facilities. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 24(10), 690-696.
- Sugiyama, T., Neuhaus, M., Cole, R., Giles-Corti, B., & Owen, N. (2012). Destination and Route Attributes Associated With Adults’ Walking: a Review. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 44(7), 1275-1286.
Education & Degrees
- 2011-2015 – Doctor of Philosophy (Public Health) at The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- 2002-2008 – Master of Psychology at the Free University Berlin, Germany
- 2007-2008 – Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner at the NLP & Coaching Institute, Berlin, Germany
A Personal Message From Maike Neuhaus
Life can be crazy, overwhelming and incredibly challenging. However, I believe it is also our greatest gift. Self-leadership maximises our agency in life, so we can harness every moment and live with purpose and intent.
I love sharing my passion for self-leadership and supporting others to become stronger self-leaders by sharing what we know about it and facilitating training.