POSITIVE EDUCATION TO FIGHT EXTREMISM

Login Forums Research POSITIVE EDUCATION TO FIGHT EXTREMISM

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hugo Alberts 3 months ago.

• Author

alain.ruffion
    Participant

HELLO

I M DOING A PHD in Education Sciences: University of Toulouse le Mirail II. Thesis subject directed by Séraphin Alava: “? Can Positive Education contribute effectively to the prevention of violent extremism and radicalizations process ? From socio-clinical diagnosis to in situ experimentations: scientific assessments of the impact of new resources and methods in positive education on the prevention of extremism and radicalization. », 2016-2020.

Please have you got some suggestions/propositions of scientific articles about positive education or positive psychologie which contribute to decrease extremism in young people ?

I m ready to visite some country like Australia or Canada or in North Europa which appear in a good way on that field…

Thanks a lot for you help.

Warms regards

Alain
    President of the NGO ERANOS
    email : alain.ruffion@hotmail.fr

Hugo Alberts
    Keymaster

Dear Alain,

Welcome and thanks for joining! Your Ph.D. topic sounds really interesting and important. I think one way positive psychology may help to reduce extremism is by enhancing empathy and respect for others. Many PP approaches, such as strength finding and positive communication aim to enhance the connection between people at a more fundamental level than the preference for religion, intellectual abilities, etc.

Although I am not aware of any studies on this specific topic, there is one book on Positive Education that I highly recommend:

Research, Applications, and Interventions for Children and Adolescents
    https://www.springer.com/la/book/9789400763975

I hope this helps!

Good luck with your research!
    Hugo

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.