Hello! I am Kreslyn Kelley-Ellis, Coach, Consultant, Trainer, & Author

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hello! I am Kreslyn Kelley-Ellis, Coach, Consultant, Trainer, & Author

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jtallan 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

kreslyn1
    Participant

Hello! I am Kreslyn Kelley-Ellis, and I happy to connect with each of you! I have degrees in business and education, a Doctorate in Education Administration, and am a former school principal. I have been in business for my self as a coach, trainer, and consultant for eight years now. I also teach a graduate level Leadership course at a local university. However, recently I enrolled in a Psychology Ph.D. program and anxious to figure out new ways to serve my clients and community. With my myriad of professional experience, I often second guess what direction to take. For instance, I am wondering if I should get ICF (International Coach Federation) certified, for I have hundreds of hours in coaching, or just use tools like this. Does this program have a certified coaching program? I am certain that at some point I am going to find the main vein; but, for right now, I hope that this community will be able to help guide me. In the meantime, I plan to use the tools that I have been introduced to and hope to learn from you as well. Good Day!!!

jtallan
    Participant

Dear Kreslyn,

How lively it is for me to have just joined this community today and find such learned souls as yourself for me to learn from. I too share some of your questions about certification… Though I am not as qualified as you.

My opinion: I suspect that with your level of training and experience, coaching certification might be kind of redundant… You already have the credibility factor to survive and thrive as a coach, consultant, trainer and author- along with using this toolkit for reference, support and guidance).

I have been involved in youth work since my late teens (almost 20 years), and also have a background in law enforcement (was a police officer for a few years). I finished my 4-year psychology degree in 2016,though have not yet used it in an official capacity.

For almost 5 years I have been a parole officer based in a prison where I interview inmates to determine who is suitable for parole. I was promoted to Unit Leader about a year ago, and now I train a team of officers to do likewise (while juggling my responsibilities as mum to my 3 young daughters).

I am looking to start up a side business which will involve group training for teenage girls to foster social, professional and personal growth & resilience within a positive psychology framework.

I am really looking forward to learning great strategies from the material and the group, to help me enhance the curriculum I have developed for my own embryo of a coaching business.

Best regards and best of luck with your studies and your journey.

Trish from Australia

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.